Valentine’s Day is a special day to celebrate love and affection. What better way to do that than by cooking a romantic meal for your loved one? There are many different Valentine’s Day meals to choose from, including steak dinners, vegetable side dishes, and pasta recipes.
And if you’d rather cook a Valentine dinner for your sweetheart instead of dining at a restaurant, this is the article for you!
- What foods are eaten on Valentines Day?
- What is a good meal to cook for Valentine’s Day?
- What to make for Valentine’s Day
- Easy Valentine’s Day Recipes
- Best BBQ Recipes for Valentine’s Day
- Healthy Valentine’s Day Recipes
- Valentine’s Day Side Dishes
- Valentine’s Chicken Dishes
- What’s A Good Romantic Dinner?
- How do you make a romantic dinner at home?
- Final Thoughts
What foods are eaten on Valentines Day?
Valentine’s day is a special day for couples to celebrate their love. While there are many different ways to celebrate, often times food is involved. There are many traditional foods that are eaten on Valentine’s day, including chocolate and champagne. However, you can choose any food you like to make your celebration special.
What is a good meal to cook for Valentine’s Day?
Here are some easy Valentine’s Day dinner, dessert, and breakfast ideas that will make your holiday extra special. Whether you’re spending Valentine’s Day at home or out of town, these recipes are sure to please.
1. Honey Brûlée Brie
Honey Brûlée Brie is a simple, yet delicious appetizer that can be made in minutes. It also has an extra-special flavor with the addition of honey to the traditional brie cheese mixture.
The best part about this dish is how easy it is to prepare and serve! Honey Brûlée Brie pairs perfectly with fruit or dark chocolate desserts.
2. Pork and Shrimp Dumplings
Tiny, round pieces of dough made from flour and often seafood fillings that are deep-fried or boiled. They’re also called potstickers, dumplings, or momos. There are so many ways you can spice it up from deep frying to pan-frying to steaming and boiling options. Plus, there are SO many delicious flavors and filling combinations you can explore!
3. Fritto Misto
A fun first course to serve in the kitchen. It includes dishes that can be prepared quickly, so you’ll have the next one coming out of the fryer before you and your loved ones can finish the servings. It’s a dish that consists of a mix of fried meat, vegetables, and seafood all dipped in a creamy sauce.
4. Smoked Trout on Toast
The next course is a wonderful way to begin the meal. It’s simple, delectable, and can be served at room temperature if you’re pressed for time. This dish is best served with a glass of wine. It’s easy to prepare and can be made in advance, which makes it great for entertaining.
5. Roasted Chicken with Garlic and Rosemary
This recipe is easy to make and satisfies the cravings of any lover of roasted chicken. The garlic and rosemary are a wonderful combination, and the lemon is sure to please.
What to make for Valentine’s Day
There are endless recipes for Valentine’s Day plans. Yet the key to planning Valentine’s Day dinners is making sure that you have something for everyone.
For example, if you’re cooking for your children and their significant others or spouses, then it would be a good idea to have something that they will enjoy. However, if you are cooking for your significant other, then it would be a good idea to make sure that there is something that you both enjoy.
Here are some easy Valentine’s Day recipes that you can use to make your Valentine’s Day the best ever!
Easy Valentine’s Day Recipes
Valentine’s day is coming up and you may be looking for some easy recipes to make. Here are a few of our favorites!
1. Jam Tarts
The tart and fragrant smell of berry jam in the kitchen is a romantic experience. These small tarts are sweet, buttery and so easy to make. Jam tarts can be made with any fruit jam instead of strawberry (blackberry, raspberry)
- 1 medium egg
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1/4 block butter
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup strawberry jam (or jam of your choice)
- Step 1: Mix the flour, butter, and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Then add the egg and vanilla and a tbsp of cold water. Add more tbsp of cold water until you get the desired dough consistency. Wrap the dough and chill in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Step 2: Preheat the oven to 180 degrees °C. Add butter evenly over each biscuit round. Press down with your thumb in order for it to be deep enough so that you can add jam later without spilling. Top with egg wash and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
2. Red Velvet Cookies
Red velvet cookies are a popular Valentine’s Day treat. They have the bright red color of roses and their flavor is reminiscent of chocolate chip cookie dough, but with extra sweetness from all-purpose flour and sugar.
- 1/2 cup of butter or coconut oil
- 3/4 cups of granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- One egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder (or red food coloring)
- Step 1: Cream the sugar and butter together in a bowl.
- Step 2: Add the beaten egg and vanilla extract as well as 5 tablespoons of cold water into this mixture. Stir until blended thoroughly then add 3/4 cups of flour and cocoa powder or red food coloring (if desired). Mix until dough is smooth before placing it onto parchment paper on top of another piece that has been lightly dusted with some flour for baking sheets.
- Step 3: Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Bake cookies for about 10 minutes or until they turn golden brown around their edges.
3. Vanilla Panna Cotta
Vanilla Panna Cotta is an easy dessert that can be prepared in less than 30 minutes. The cream and egg mixture is combined with sugar, vanilla extract, and milk to create a pudding-like dish. This rich sweet dessert has the perfect texture of gelatin candies or jello drops. You may also add any other ingredients like fruits or chocolate chips for more color variations.
- One cup of heavy cream
- Three tablespoons of sugar
- One tablespoon vanilla extract
- Two teaspoons gelatin powder
- Step 1: Prepare the Panna Cotta
In a saucepan, add 2 tablespoons of water and dissolve gelatin powder while stirring. Heat cream over medium heat until it begins to boil. Then turn off the stovetop and let it cool for about five minutes or until slightly cooler than body temperature. Next, pour in sugar into a bowl with salt and stir gently to combine them together; gradually pour this mixture over warm cream without mixing too much as you don’t want lumps of sweetened cream at this point in time (as seen from picture).
- Step 2: Cool Down Your Panna Cotta Mixture
Put your pana cottas on plates that have been placed upside down inside metal cups so that they will be able to hold their shape once they have fully set.
- Step 3: Place them in the refrigerator for about 3-4 hours or until completely chilled and firm.
Best BBQ Recipes for Valentine’s Day
1. Grilled Pork Chops with BBQ Rub
The spicy and savory dish comprises thick pieces of lean pork chop that have been marinated in back pepper, paprika, and ground mustard. It’s best served with coleslaw or mashed potatoes on the side along with dinner rolls for an easy romantic meal.
- 4 to 6 pork loin chops
- BBQ Sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Step 1: Heat grill/smoker to 400°F and add Smoker Box with preferred Smoker pellets.
- Step 2: Combine all the ingredients for the rub and set aside.
- Step 3: Apply rub to tase and massage into the meat.
- Step 4: Place the chops on the hottest part of the grill and sear for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Step 5: Move the chops off of the direct heat and baste with BBQ Sauce. Continue cooking for an additional 5-6 minutes per side until the internal temperature of the pork chops reaches 150°F.
- Step 6: Remove the chops from the grill and allow them to rest for 5-6 minutes before slicing.
2. BLT with Grilled Bacon Sandwich
A BLT sandwich is a popular and simple meal for those who enjoy bacon. This sandwich consists of bread, parsley, tomatoes, and mayonnaise with the addition of some grilled crispy bacon on top. The dish has a taste that is best described as salty yet tangy from the grilling process.
- 1 lb. Thick-cut Bacon
- 1 cup Chopped Parsley
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped Garlic
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fine Sea Salt
- Freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1 to 2 tomatoes
- 1 cup Mayo
- 1 loaf of preferred bread
- Step 1: Heat grill/smoker to 350°F and add Smoker Box with preferred Smoking Pellets.
- Step 2: Whisk together all ingredients. Set aside.
- Step 3: Baste with BBQ Sauce and Grill 1/8” thick-cut, smoked bacon on both sides until done. Approximately 10 minutes.
- Step 4: While bacon is grilling cut tomato into thin slices and toast the bread.
- Step 5: After bacon is done cooking, spread mayo on 2 pieces of toasted bread. Add bacon slices to bread along with tomato and lettuce.
3. Garlic Roasted Lamb Shoulder with Raspberry Chipotle Glaze
The rich, robust flavor of lamb goes well with the light and tart raspberry chipotle glaze. The meat can be served in tacos or burritos, but it also pairs well with pasta and vegetables as part of an entrée.
- Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 8 large cloves garlic, peeled and sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Grandpa Clyde’s Raspberry Chipotle BBQ Sauce
- Step 1: Heat grill/smoker to 350°F and add Smoker Box with preferred Smoking Pellets.
- Step 2: Place a roasting pan over 2 burners over medium-high heat. Add oil to coat the bottom and heat. Season the lamb shoulder with 1 tablespoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper. Place the shoulder in the roasting pan and sear on all sides until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Step 3: In a food processor, combine the garlic, rosemary, sage, and thyme. Process until smooth. Add enough oil to make the mixture a good, spreadable consistency. Season with the remaining 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper
- Step 4: Remove the lamb from the heat. Carefully rub the garlic-herb mixture over the pork loin.
- Step 5: Grill/Smoke until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the shoulder registers an internal temperature of 145°F, 2 to 3 hrs. Five minutes before removing the lamb from the Grill/Smoker, evenly spread Raspberry Chipotle BBQ Sauce over the top.
- Step 6: Once the shoulder is done, remove it from the Grill/Smoker and tent with aluminum foil to keep warm. Let rest for 10 to 15 minutes before carving.
Looking for more? Get More BBQ Recipes at BBQbox.com!
Healthy Valentine’s Day Recipes
There are many ways to make Valentine’s Day special. One way is by making sure that you have healthy foods on your menu.
Here are some recipes for healthy Valentine’s Day meals:
1. Chilli Prawn Tomato Spaghetti
Spaghetti is not just a pasta dish. It can be served with many different dishes and sauces, like chili prawn and tomato spaghetti. This is a perfect dinner for those who want to enjoy an easy but mouth-watering meal without having to spend too much time on it as well!
- 1kg spaghetti
- 500g prawns, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 3 tbsp Thai sweet chilli sauce (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp salt (plus more for the pasta water)
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- Step 1: Prepare the Pasta
In a large pot of boiling water add salt and spaghetti. Next, cook for 8 minutes or until al dente.
- Step 2: Fry the Prawns
Heat olive oil in a wok or pan over medium heat and stir fry garlic for about 30 seconds until fragrant before adding prawns to dish (If cooking on stove top then allow 3/4 minutes.) Stir fry quickly so as not to burn them with onions, but do watch that they are cooked through without being burnt; they should be opaque yet still have some raw juices inside. Add sweet chilli sauce during last minute of cooking time if you wish too! Remove from heat once finished frying prawns and set aside.
- Step 3: Prepare the dish
Place a frying pan or wok over medium heat with 2 tablespoons of olive oil; add cherry tomatoes and pepper & salt to taste.
2. Spanish Paella
Paella, a traditional Spanish dish that is great for Valentine’s Day celebrations. The rice is cooked with chicken broth mixed with saffron, onions, garlic, tomatoes, and assorted seafood or vegetables. This dish is typically served hot from the pan on a large platter with lots of crusty bread to sop up all the sauce left over in the bottom of it.
- 100 grams uncooked white rice (i.e., long grain)
- 250 grams of prawns
- 500 grams of beef or vegetable stock
- 80 ml dry white wine (or fish sauce)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- One medium onion, chopped finely
- Step 1: Prepare the Rice
In a large saucepan, add 4 cups of water and one teaspoon of salt. Next, bring to boil over high heat until it reaches boiling point.
- Step 2: Rinse the Prawns
Add the prawns in a bowl then pour 3/4 cup hot tap water on them and leave for 10 minutes. Once they are cooled down enough, drain well from cold running water into another bowl or pan before using your hands to separate any shell that may have come off during soaking time (it’s best not to use your fingers).
- Step 3: Fry Onions and Garlic in Oil In a deep fryer, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat until it’s hot. Next, add in the chopped onion and garlic then stir to coat with a light layer of oil.
- Step 4: Add Stock and Rice
Once your mixture is heated place half of it into a large bowl or saucepan while stirring continuously as you slowly pour in enough stock so that there is just one millimeter left at the top before adding more liquid. Once this has been achieved combine everything together well without any lumps remaining on top before placing back onto high heat for five minutes so that all excess moisture evaporates out of rice (or if using fish sauce cook for 10 minutes).
3. Roast Sea Bass & Vegetable Traybake
This dish can be prepared with many different combinations of vegetables, but what’s great about it is that you don’t have to do anything fancy or difficult, just lay everything out on a baking sheet and roast.
- One sea bass fillet
- Two tablespoons each of olive oil and fresh herbs
- Half a lemon
- Three garlic cloves, finely chopped or crushed with the side of your knife blade
- Thyme sprigs (to taste)
- Step 1: Season the Fish
Season the fish by rubbing it with one tablespoon of olive oil, squeezing half a lemon onto both sides and then sprinkle on thyme sprigs.
- Step 2: Bake in an Oven or Fry over Heat
Bake in an oven at 200 degrees C for 15 minutes or fry until cooked through. Next, remove from heat and serve!
Valentine’s Day Side Dishes
1. Ina Garten’s Maple-Roasted Carrot Salad
Maple-Roasted Carrot Salad is a healthy and nutritious dish that will make you feel full.
The salad consists of roasted carrots, parsley, cilantro, mint leaves, and red onion with toasted sunflower seeds sprinkled on top for a crunchy texture along with maple syrup drizzled over the salad. The dressing contains olive oil Dijon mustard (or any other) vinegar or lemon juice as well as honey or sugar to balance out the flavors in this meal which is best served as a side dish.
2. Pickled Daikon with Roasted Vegetables
Pickled daikon is a healthy and delicious dish that you can serve as an appetizer or accompany with other foods. It also goes well when paired with roasted vegetables, which mix perfectly together in terms of taste, texture, and color.
3. Moroccan Spiced Carrots
Carrots are a healthy vegetable that’s loaded with nutrients. They’re great to make many dishes like Moroccan-Spiced Carrots, which are stir-fried in olive oil and then seasoned with cumin, coriander, paprika, cinnamon sticks and fresh ginger.
These carrots go well as an appetizer or side dish when paired up with other foods like chicken tajine or couscous pilaf. You can also serve them on their own for dinner if you want something light and fresh.
I love Moroccan-Spiced Carrots because they are healthy, easy to make, and so flavorful!
Valentine’s Chicken Dishes
1. Crispy and Tender Baked Chicken Thighs
These baked chicken thighs are crispy and tender at the same time. They are also easy to make and perfect for a romantic dinner. They’re flavored with a mixture of garlic, onion, dried oregano, ground thyme, paprika, and ground black pepper.
2. Garlic Roasted Chicken Leg Quarters
The best part of roasting chicken is the amazing aroma. The roasted chicken smells so good that you’d go crazy just smelling it in your house. It’s also delicious, and a fun recipe to make with kids too!
3. BBQ Grilled Chicken Leg Quarters
The best way to make barbecue chicken is by grilling it. To cook this perfect creation, you need to start off with some chicken leg quarters that have been pre-marinated for at least two hours before cooking so as not to add more flavors than necessary during cooking time.
What’s A Good Romantic Dinner?
A Valentine’s Day dinner is a fun event to celebrate with sweet dishes and romantic movies. Many dine-out restaurants are offering specially designed menus for that occasion, but Valentine’s Day meals can be done at home too. The best Valentine’s Day dinner is one that includes your sweetheart, and it is important to feel invested in the process.
Make a meal plan (or choose out) and buy the ingredients you need before your partner comes home. This way, when they arrive, it will be time to cook together and enjoy one another’s company while doing so. You can also dedicate time to prepare the meals and surprise your loved one with a romantic dinner setup at home.
How do you make a romantic dinner at home?
Valentine’s Day is a holiday that celebrates love. It’s not just about giving and receiving presents but also spending time together with your loved one to create memories for the future. Below are a few ideas to help you put together your perfect Valentine’s Day dinner at home.
Plan your Valentine’s Day meals
A great way to start any meal is with an appetizer that you both can share. This will allow you to taste each other’s food and enjoy the meal together.
The main course is the part of the dinner where you can really make an impression with your cooking skills. If you’re not a great cook, don’t worry. There are many easy recipes that can help you create a delicious meal for your loved one. You can also pick from the recipes above.
A great way to finish the dinner is with dessert and coffee or tea. This will allow you to relax and enjoy your time together.
Consider your prep time
You need to decide on how much time you want to spend on preparing the meal. If you want to spend a lot of time on it, then go for the long recipes that require more ingredients and cooking techniques.
If you’re short on time or don’t want to spend a lot of money on ingredients, then you can opt for quick recipes that require fewer ingredients.
Cook their favorite food
If your partner enjoys a particular type of food, consider preparing it for them. This will help show you put some effort into the day and care about their happiness.
Candles and soft music are essential for a romantic dinner
Get your Valentine’s day celebration started by lighting some candles and turning on some romantic music. The soft light and gentle sounds will set the mood for a wonderful evening.
Include fresh flowers in your table decor
Flowers are a great way to add color and personality to your table. They can also make the meal feel more special than it already is, which will help you enjoy your time with each other.
Use fun and unique tablecloth
A fun, colorful tablecloth makes a home-cooked meal feel more like an event. It also adds some personality to the room that goes along with the festive atmosphere of Valentine’s Day.
Plan out things you do after dinner
After your meal, plan out things you’ll be doing with each other. Whether it’s a walk around the neighborhood or watching movies together on Netflix, making plans for what to do after dinner will help you enjoy your time with each other.
I hope this article gives you an idea about the best Valentine’s Day meals to prepare for your special one. I have included easy recipes, which are inexpensive and can be prepared in a short time. Cheers to a wonderful Valentine’s Day!