Father’s Day is just around the corner and you’re thinking about how to show your father some love this year in a special way. This Father’s Day 2022, remember to show dad how much you care by visiting one of these amazing Father’s Day weekend getaways, guaranteed to get him excited!
- What should I do with my dad on the weekend?
- What are some fun activities to do with dad on Father’s Day weekend?
- What are some last-minute Father’s Day gift and activity ideas?
- What are some tips for planning the perfect Father’s Day weekend?
- Father’s Day and the Solstice: Ideas to Celebrate Dad!
- 9 Best Things to Do on Father’s Day Weekend
What should I do with my dad on the weekend?
There are so many different events and things to do this Father’s Day weekend! You could visit the best places for romantic getaways for fathers, go see a baseball game, visit a theme park, or check out one of the many festivals happening in your area. If you’re looking for something more low-key, take a walk in the park or have a picnic lunch.
You can also take your dad to a brewery for some cold beers and fun! Or if he’s more of a whiskey fan, why not try a whiskey tasting?
No matter what you choose to do, make sure to spend some quality time with your dad. He’ll appreciate it!
What are some fun activities to do with dad on Father’s Day weekend?
Father’s Day is just around the corner and if you’re looking for some ideas on fun activities to do with dad, you’ve come to the right place. Here are a few of our favorite suggestions:
The Air and Space Museum is always a popular destination for Father’s Day weekend. With its stunning collection of historic planes, it offers something for everyone in the family to enjoy. Admission is free but you must reserve your timed-entry tickets in advance.
Another great option is spending time outdoors at one of Charlottesville’s many parks or nature preserves. There are plenty of hiking trails and picnic areas that make for a perfect day spent with dad.
If golfing is more your dad’s thing, then a trip to the Rivanna Golf Course is in order. This public course features gorgeous views and challenging holes that will keep you busy all day long.
If you’re looking for something off the beaten path, then you should head to the Blue Ridge Mountains for a weekend getaway. This area is home to many outdoor activities, including hiking and biking trails.
And don’t forget about breakfast in bed! Cooking breakfast yourself or ordering it from his favorite restaurant are both surefire ways to make Father’s Day special.
What are some last-minute Father’s Day gift and activity ideas?
Father’s Day is this Sunday, June 19th and if you’re still looking for a gift or activity idea, don’t worry! we’ve got you covered. All of these Father’s Day gift ideas are under $50, and all of these activities can be done in the backyard or at a local park. Also, here are some last-minute ideas that will make dad happy:
- Amazon Essentials: This gift is perfect for dads who like to stay organized and comfortable. Amazon has a wide variety of essentials, such as clothes, shoes, watches, and more.
- Fossil watch: If your dad loves the outdoorsy activities, a Fossil watch would be the perfect gift. They have many different styles to choose from that fit any personality.
- Men’s sandals: Another great option for keeping dad cool during Father’s Day is men’s sandals. They’re perfect for any outdoor activity and come in many different styles.
- Father’s Day card ideas: A simple but always appreciated gesture is a Father’s Day card. You can find them at most stores or online and they come in many different designs.
- Father’s day wishes: Sharing Father’s day wishes with your dad can be a heartfelt way to show how much you care about him on Father’s Day. There are plenty of quotes out there that will touch his heart.
- Father’s Day brunch or dinner: If you’re looking for something a little more elaborate, why not have a Father’s Day brunch or dinner? There are many different recipes available online that are perfect for any type of cuisine.
What are some tips for planning the perfect Father’s Day weekend?
Father’s Day is a special day to celebrate the important men in our lives. It can be tricky to plan the perfect Father’s Day weekend but don’t worry, we’re here to help!
First, start by deciding what your dad would like to do. If he’s into history, why not take him on a trip to one of America’s historical landmarks? There are plenty of great options across the country. Or if he prefers spending time outdoors, check out some of the best hiking trails in the country. You could also find good deals on hotel rooms in San Francisco for Father’s Day weekend and explore all that the city has to offer.
Whatever you decide, make sure to put some thought into it and personalize it as much as possible. After all, that’s what Father’s Day is all about – celebrating the unique bond between fathers and their children.
Father’s Day and the Solstice: Ideas to Celebrate Dad!
The weather is expected to be nice this year, so take advantage of it! There are a few events happening around the same time that might interest you.
The solstice is a holiday celebrating the return of light in the darkness of winter. It falls on June 21st this year and coincides with Father’s Day. What a great opportunity to spend some quality time with dad!
If fishing is more of your father’s thing, don’t worry. The best days for fishing happen to fall on Father’s Day weekend this year too! So grab your pole and hit the water.
Camping out under the stars on the summer solstice can be an amazing experience. Grill up some grub, tell stories around the campfire, and enjoy nature at its finest.
9 Best Things to Do on Father’s Day Weekend
1. Kansas City Auto Museum: Free Admission
The KC Automotive Museum is free on Father’s Day. This museum contains a variety of automobiles from different eras, including classic cars and motorcycles. It is located in the heart of Kansas City, making it easy to visit. Free admission is available to all dads on Sunday, June 19.
2. Dad is Free at The Kansas City Zoo
On Father’s Day, dads get free admission to the zoo. This is a great opportunity to spend time with your dad and learn more about the animals that live at the zoo. The zoo has many interesting exhibits, such as:
- The African Grasslands
- The Cat House
- The Insectarium
You can also take a walk through the gardens or have a picnic lunch. There are plenty of places to eat near the zoo, or you can bring your own food. Be sure to enjoy this special day with your dad!
3. Celebrate Father’s Day Weekend at a Local Brewery
Celebrate Dad with a cold brew or two at a brewery. There are more than 1,700 craft breweries in the U.S., and many of them offer tours, tasting rooms, or other activities for visitors.
For Father’s Day this year, consider visiting one of these breweries. All are family-friendly and offer special events, tours, or tasting rooms just for dads:
Anchor Brewing Company (San Francisco, California)
This brewery is the oldest craft brewery in San Francisco and was founded by a woman, owner, and brewmaster Anchor Steam Brewery. The company offers free tours every day and plenty of free beer samples at the end.
New Glarus Brewing Company (New Glarus, Wisconsin)
This brewery is one of only two in the U.S. that is independently owned by a woman. Owner and brewmaster Deb Carey has been brewing beer since 1994 when she opened the brewery in her hometown of New Glarus.
Deschutes Brewery (Bend, Oregon)
Deschutes is a family-owned brewery that offers free tours and samples every day. They offer a variety of tours, including ones that include lunch and beer dinner.
4. Check Out a Local Show or Event
There are a number of things to do on Father’s Day weekend. One thing is to go for a walk with your dad. Another is to check out a local show or event.
The Arms of Hope Children’s Home will be hosting their 11th annual car show this Father’s Day weekend on June 18. The event supports the home and provides food, music, and fun for all attendees. So come out and support a great cause!
5. Go Fishing
If you’re looking for a great Father’s Day activity, consider fishing! KC Watersports is the place to go for cable lake wakeboarding. However, they also offer a variety of things to do with your dad, including fishing and more!
In fact, Father’s Day falls on the same day as the summer solstice this year, giving it some extra stargazing time. So be sure to get out there and spend some time with Dad. And if you’re looking for something to grill up on Father’s Day, check out this list of air fryer recipes for beginners that includes some delicious dishes to try.
6. Celebrate Father’s Day with a Beer-Themed Celebration
Father’s Day is coming up soon on June 19th, what better way to celebrate Father’s Day than by having a beer-themed celebration? Here are some of the best beer-themed Father’s Day events that you can attend.
The Beerwalk in Long Beach, CA is a great event to celebrate Dad on his special day. This event will take place on June 17th from 2 pm to 5 pm. This event is a self-guided tour of the best beer bars in Long Beach, CA. There are over 25 different breweries that will be participating in this event. This is a great opportunity to try some of the best beers that Long Beach has to offer.
The Beerwalk also offers food, live music, and other entertainment. There will also be a raffle that you can enter to win some great prizes. This event is for those 21 years of age or older and it costs $40 per person.
7. Make this Father’s Day a Memorable One with a Unique Gift
There are so many different Father’s Day gift ideas out there, that it can be hard to choose the perfect one. But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! Here are some ideas that will help make this Father’s Day a memorable one:
- Celebrate the time only you two shared together by finding something unique like a special meal or day at the lake (or maybe even an impromptu game of softball).
- Just because it’s Father’s Day doesn’t mean you have to do something for him. You can surprise your dad with a hibachi this weekend and let him relax, read, or swim while you grill.
- If the spa is open on Father’s Day but closed on Sunday, he’ll still appreciate the visit just as much one day before or after the holiday.
- A personal memoir or journal is a great gift. A personalized photo album can make for a good gift.
- Personal gifts are a way to show appreciation for fathers in ways that don’t require a lot of time or money. Personal gifts can be anything from simple mixtapes to concert tickets. Be sure to check out our gift guides on Father’s Day Gift Ideas, Best Personalized Father’s Day Gifts, and Best Father’s Day Gifts for A New Dad.
8. Take a walk down memory lane with a visit to a museum
Father’s Day is a great opportunity to reminisce about good times with dear old Dad. Why not take him on a walk down memory lane with a visit to a museum? Here are some of our favorites:
- The Smithsonian National Museum of American History in Washington, D.C. tells the story of America from its earliest days through today.
- The Museum of Fine Arts in Boston has one of the most comprehensive art collections in the world, including impressionist and post-impressionist paintings, as well as Asian and Egyptian art.
- If your dad loves cars (or just likes to look at them), take him to the Petersen Automotive Museum in Los Angeles for a day filled with classic and racing autos.
9. Make it a day to remember with a special dinner
If you’re looking for a unique way to spend Father’s Day, consider the San Antonio Zoo Father’s Day event. This event includes a four-course dinner and five unique scotches. The zoo is home to over 4,000 animals from 500 species, so this is a great opportunity to see some amazing creatures while spending time with your father.
Father’s Day celebrations are typically less extravagant than Mother’s Day. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t make it special for your dad! Many restaurants have special offers for fathers on Father’s day such as free socks, ties, or suits with purchase. You can also find health care products discounted in honor of Father’s day. No matter how you choose to celebrate, make sure it’s something your dad will remember!
So whether you’re looking for a last-minute getaway or planning ahead for next year, we hope you’ll consider one of these great father’s day getaways. And don’t forget to book early to get the best deals and availability. If you enjoyed this article, share it with friends and family, especially with your Dad.