We live in a world where everything is fast-paced and everybody wants to get things done quickly. Nevertheless, it is important to note that we cannot maximize our time when we do not have the right tools. For workaholics or parents with a lot on their plate, any action that can save time and effort is definitely a great bonus. There are tons of ways to save time and energy at home – one best example is air frying. And here are 7 air fryer recipes for beginners that you can easily follow.
These are some items one can cook using the air fryer: (1) vegetables, (2) chicken [such as chicken fingers and nuggets], (3) cheese sticks, (4) pizza, (5) doughnuts, (6) French fries or even (7) brownies. As per WebMD, air frying cuts about 70%-80% calories and air frying is definitely a better option against oil frying.
So here are some air fryer recipes you can definitely enjoy with your family.
Air Fryer Benefits
Air fryers are a great alternative to traditional oil deep-fat fryers. They use less oil and produce healthier, less greasy food. It’s possible to cook anything from chicken or fish to vegetables or even desserts like cakes and brownies in an air fryer. Air frying is easy and these recipes for beginners will help you get started on your air fryer journey!
Here are some facts about using an air fryer:
- Air fried foods are healthier alternatives versus deep-fried foods due to having lower calories and fat contents.
- Using air fryer can be safer than using the deep-frying method. In deep-frying, a lot of unfortunate situation/s may arise such as hot oil spilling, splashing or causing minor injuries to the person who is cooking.
- Switching from deep-frying into air-frying can aid in weight loss. Deep-fried foods tend to be high in calories and fat that is directly linked to a higher obesity risk.
- Air frying is a method that reduce the formation of a toxic compound called acrylamide. Per the findings of International Agency for Research on Cancer, this toxic compound has a direct link to the development of some cancers such as endometrial, ovarian, esophageal, pancreatic and breast cancers.
- Air frying is still fried food, so it is best to also limit the number of times that we use the air fryer.
7 Easy Recipes you can cook using an Air Fryer
Get ready As someone who used to get overwhelmed by the idea of cooking and only knew how to cook a handful of recipes, I’m thrilled by the ease and variety of recipes you can cook in an Air Fryer. Once I tried one and saw how easy it was to make meals, I tried a few more and then a few more! I’m hooked and am eating much healthier than I was before! My whole family is thrilled!
1) Air Fryer Breakfast BBQ Egg Rolls
- Bacon or Sausage
- Egg Roll Wrappers
- Cheddar Cheese
- Hickory Smokehouse BBQ sauce
- Start by lathering Hickory Smokehouse Barbeque sauce onto your bacon or sausage.Hickory Smokehouse BBQ sauce , Bacon or Sausage
- Assemble by putting bacon/sausage, scrambled eggs, and cheese on to your egg roll wrapper.Eggs , Cheddar Cheese
- Then roll the egg rolls up, use water and moist the edges. To roll up the corners, wet the seam and roll it up.Egg Roll Wrappers
- Place on a greased air fryer. Spray oil onto rolls to help them crisp up inside the air fryer. Set the air fryer at 340 degrees, cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy your delicious meal.
2) Pork Barbeque Quesadillas
- 1 lb BBQ pork, shredded
- 8 pcs flour tortillas
- 2 tbsp Butter, to grease the tortillas
- 2 tbsp Mustard BBQ Sauce
- 4 cups cheddar cheese, Mexican cheese blend
- Toppings: fresh cilantro, sour cream, diced avocado or guacamole, salsa, sliced green onions, diced tomatoes, olives etc.
- You want to start by cooking or heating your pulled pork. Mix in 2 tbsp. or desired amount of Mustard BBQ sauce until evenly coated. Brush tortillas with butter. Assemble your quesadilla with all the other ingredients.1 lb BBQ pork, shredded , 8 pcs flour tortillas , 2 tbsp Butter, to grease the tortillas , 2 tbsp Mustard BBQ Sauce , 4 cups cheddar cheese, Mexican cheese blend
- Place the quesadillas in the air fryer basket and cook on 180°C / 350°F for 8 minutes, or until the quesadillas are crisp and golden and the cheese is melted. Halfway through, flip the quesadilla. You’ll want to check on your quesadillas in the first few minutes of cooking and if the tortilla has lifted slightly away from the fillings, push it back down with a spatula.
- Cut into triangular wedges and serve with desired toppings.Toppings: fresh cilantro, sour cream, diced avocado or guacamole, salsa, sliced green onions, diced tomatoes, olives etc.
3) Dry-Rub Air-Fried Chicken Wings
- ½ tbsp kosher salt
- 3-5 tbsp Smokey Memphis Rub
- 8 pcs chicken wings, or more as needed
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl whisk kosher salt and Smokey Memphis rub. Toss in chicken wings and rub the seasonings into them with your hands until fully coated.½ tbsp kosher salt , 3-5 tbsp Smokey Memphis Rub , 8 pcs chicken wings, or more as needed
- Arrange wings in the basket of the preheated air fryer, standing up on their ends and leaning against each other and the wall of the basket.
- Cook until wings are tender inside and golden brown and crisp on the outside, about 35 minutes.
- Transfer wings to a plate and serve hot.
4) Air Fried Spare Ribs
- 2 1/4 pounds individually cut St. Louis–style pork spareribs
- 3-5 tbsp Smokey Memphis rub
- (Add salt and sugar as desired)
- Season the ribs with the rub using your hands until they are fully coated.2 1/4 pounds individually cut St. Louis–style pork spareribs , 3-5 tbsp Smokey Memphis rub , (Add salt and sugar as desired)
- Arrange the ribs in the air fryer basket standing up on their ends and leaned up against the wall of the basket and each other.
- Cook at 350°F until the ribs are tender inside and golden brown and crisp on the outside, about 35 minutes. Transfer the ribs to plates and serve hot.
5) Air Fried BBQ Cauliflower
- 1 head fresh cauliflower (cut into florets)
- 1 cup Hickory Smokehouse Barbeque sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika + paprika
- 3/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Preheat air fryer to 375 degree
- Combine garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, both paprika, cumin powder, and rice flour in a medium bowl and gently stir to combine.1 tbsp garlic powder, 1 tbsp onion powder, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp black pepper , 1/2 tsp smoked paprika + paprika , 3/4 tsp cumin powder , 1 cup brown rice flour
- Whisk in the water until the batter is smooth (like a thin pancake batter consistency) adding an extra tbsp. of water at a time if needed.1 1/2 cups water
- Coat each cauliflower floret in the batter.1 head fresh cauliflower (cut into florets)
- Transfer the florets to the air fryer basket, air fry for 12 minutes.
- Carefully remove from the air fryer basket and coat with the BBQ sauce.1 cup Hickory Smokehouse Barbeque sauce
- Return to the air fryer basket and cook for an additional 10 minutes at 375 degrees or until brown and crispy.
- Carefully remove and serve with your favorite dipping sauce. Reheat any leftovers in the air fryer for 3-4 minutes or until crispy again. Enjoy!
6) Air Fried BBQ Stuffed Chicken
- 4 pcs boneless skinless chicken breasts, approximately 4 ounces each
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup Hickory Smokehouse Bbq sauce
- 8 strips bacon, not thick-cut
- Preheat an air fryer to 380°F and spray the basket with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper on both sides.4 pcs boneless skinless chicken breasts, approximately 4 ounces each , 1 tsp kosher salt , ½ tsp pepper
- Cut a pocket into the chicken breasts. To do that place one hand on the top of the chicken to hold it firmly in place. Using a sharp knife, cut a two-inch slit in the thickest part of the chicken, creating a deep pocket without piercing through the opposite edge of the chicken breast.
- In a medium bowl add cheddar cheese, cream cheese, garlic powder, and 2 tablespoons of the barbeque sauce. Mix until well combined.½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded , 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature , ½ tsp garlic powder , ½ cup Hickory Smokehouse Bbq sauce
- Stuff the pockets of the chicken breasts with equal amounts of the cream cheese mixture.
- Wrap two strips of bacon around each chicken breast and then brush the remaining barbecue sauce on all edges of the bacon-wrapped chicken.8 strips bacon, not thick-cut
- Place the chicken into the air fryer. Cook for about 10 minutes. Then, flip the chicken over and cook for another 10 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken is 165°F.
- Serve immediately.
7) Chicken BBQ Wrapped in Bacon
- 2 pcs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 7 slices of bacon; sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 cup Hickory smokehouse barbeque sauce
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees while you prepare the chicken.
- Prepare the chicken by slicing each chicken breast into 7 even strips, so you have 14 pieces total. Wrap each piece of chicken with one of the strips of bacon.2 pcs boneless, skinless chicken breasts , 7 slices of bacon; sliced in half lengthwise
- Brush the chicken with the barbecue sauce.1 cup Hickory smokehouse barbeque sauce
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top of the chicken.2 tbsp light brown sugar
- Place the chicken into the air fryer basket that’s been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Close the tray and bake for 5 minutes in the 400 degrees preheated air fryer.
- Open the air fryer and flip the chicken pieces. Close the air fryer and cook the chicken for the remaining 5 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reads 165 degrees.
These recipes will surely make your meals more interesting and your family satisfied. You can also add some of your own ingredients to make it more personalized. You may also serve it with your favorite side dishes to make it more filling. With the help of this article, you can now enjoy cooking in a healthier way by using an air fryer. These recipes will surely help you serve wonderful and tasty meals to your family and friends.